Friday 9 May 2008

Some days are just to good.

Canon 1Ds II, f2.8 24-70mm USM lens shot from a Robinson 22 Helicopter late afternoon.

I had a great afternoon today. As the afternoon sun started to make its way to the horizon, the our little Robbie climbed slowly out over the small rural city of Mildura, which nestles on the banks of the River Murray in South Eastern Australia. Pilot Colin, and I were headed out over the city to undertake some low level aerial photography along the river.

You see I love taking photographs and I love flying low in hot air balloons, but in a real world when shooting from the air, as much as I enjoy shooting from balloons, there is nothing that beats a helicopter. Being able to go around again, or changing altitude to get a better angle is something that I gotta have. But the best part is flying low and slow, just shooting the unfolding scenery below you.
The above shot captured after completing the first of our two jobs this evening, we were gentle gaining altitude as we headed to the next location. This cluster of beautiful homes situated along the river bank caught my eye and I just had to shoot them. We Aussies sure low being near the water and I'm just guessing here but I suspect that most of us would jump at the chance to live in a location like this.

But the goodness didn't end there, after departing the Sunraysia Helicopter base, I drove back to our studio, where one of our beautiful and gracious clients was waiting to view images from her recent engagement sitting. Yep I was late, but hopefully forgiven.... I promise it won't happen again, well not until next time at least.

Then we had the best family portrait session in our studio, staring the one and only Rory. Rory, was supposed to have some maternity shots with his mum and dad to be, but unfortunately he got a bit confused about his due date and arrived early, causing a slight delay in the photo session. Tonights session was a total blast and I can't wait to show his proud mum and dad the fantastic images we were able to capture.

Well that's it folks it 11:30pm all the backups are done, batteries recharged, gear packed and ready for another big day tomorrow. Time for some shut eye as well...

No comments: