Sunday 4 January 2009

Whistling Kite (Haliastur sphenurus)



Here's a shot that I've been going to do for way to long. You know how it is, you see the image or opportunity but just don't get around to shooting it. Well this week I had a go, and yes I'll have to do some more work on it, for a first go I'm happy. Image created with a Cannon 1D IIn with a 100 - 400 piece of glass extended out to about 320mm. The rig was locked off on a predetermined focus point and fired remotely by a couple of Pocket Wizards.
Now all I have to do is hope my friend will continue to cooperate. The Whistling Kite (Haliastur sphenurus)and his family are a regular sight above our studio complex, swinging by most days to check out the available food supply and occasionally to say g'day.
One of the family will often answer to Robyn's mimicking of their calls. And of late we've noticed that they will come up to some trees near the studio just to keep and eye on what we're up to and I suppose remind us that they are around and would really like some lambs hearts put out for them to swoop on and carry off to a nearby tree.

No comments: