Saturday 26 July 2008

Flowers


Nikon D2x with f2.8 60mm lens (The outback photographers "FUN" camera).

This morning the old outback photographer was all psyched up go shoot a large flock of Pelicans that I've been watching for the last few days. Always in the same spot and always the early morning light has been just perfect.. but as is often the case with photography, I've had other more pressing things to go shoot... you know, the short of things that put food on our table rather than the pics that just make me feel all good inside.

This morning would however be different, some precious free time, gear all ready to go and so was I. By 5am I couldn't wait any longer, hoped out of bed and stuck my head out the door just to check that there were no early clouds forming... Ahhhh! to my dismay the sky was full of dull gray clouds.... bugger, no point in going out in this... so it was back to bed to fume for a couple of hours. By 7 however I'd had enough, dragged myself out of bed, grabbed the Nikon and headed out into the bleak gray winters morning to find something to shoot.

As luck would have it I found these little white Snow Drops flowering just a few yards from our studios front door. By lying down on the wet grass I was able to frame these two against a very dull sky and as you can see the early light combined with the very shallow depth of field at f4, gave a rather neat look. Some days you just gotta take what the day offers up. Besides the shot was for me so there was no pressure to come through with the goods. But then I guess the most demanding person I shoot for is myself.

No comments: