Monday 25 February 2008

A little fun

Canon 1ds II, 16-35mm f2.8 @30mm, 580EX flash on camera.

After shooting some images for the very beautiful Ashley recently, she kindly allowed me to have a play with a couple of ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while. I know this isn't everyones cup of tea, in fact, I've never really been keen on portraits with wide angle lenses myself. Which really is the reason for me playing with this idea in the first place. I like to try things that are not inside my comfort zone and try and make them work. Sometimes they do and sometimes.... well you know!

I'll be trying some more when I get an opportunity so be warned. For those of you who care the image was processed in Photoshop using a custom Action that I created a fair while ago. Basically it converts to b/w using channel mixing, then adds blue and cyan in colour adjustment mode, then plays another custom softness action which I created way back in CS2 before finally adding a contrast adjustment layer. When the action finishes playing I'm left with a multi layered file that because the layers haven't been merged can still be tweaked to taste.
Gotta love Photoshop for this, about two hours work initially reduced to a single keystroke in nearly real time... cool!

No comments: