Tuesday 22 April 2008

Days end.

Canon 1D II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 USM L

After walking through a a beautiful temperate rain forest for most of the day, I couldn't resist the temptation to head back to a beach to finish off a great day. For anyone who knows me it will be no surprise that I chose to shoot some blurred motion images of waves rolling in. Of all the things I shoot, waves are the most difficult, because they are unpredictable and really need great light to give them that fluidity I try to capture.

Tonight mother nature decided to give me only about a minute of interesting light before fading into flat, colourless and decidedly uninteresting twilight. This frame was the first of about a dozen. I can't wait to get back to my studio MacPro and 30" Cinema display to work some of the files created today. Laptops are great for managing images on the road, but there is no way I can finish files on this little road machine.


No comments: