Monday 5 November 2007

Melbourne Cup Day...

Hey all... today is Melbourne Cup Day here down under. The "race that stops a nation" or so the media claim. It certainly dominates the news for a couple of weeks prior the the day.
We are bombarded with stories on race day fashions, tv in depth stories on how the rich and famous will spend the day in lavish corporate tents, sorry marquees, what they will eat and drink and the chefs who will prepare those meals for them. I wonder sometimes if any of these people even see the horse race.
Don't mined me, I'm just jealous. You see its a public holiday here in Victoria but this photographer has an ever increasing backlog of post processing and design work building up, so for me at least it will be a 12 hour day in front of my Apple 30" Cinema display. Maybe I'll check the results later in the day.

No comments: